Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, March 19, 2015

2015_03_19 Thursday

At Jonathan's school, I helped the resident beekeeper check in on the hive. I saw the queen and lots of healthy babies! Photos of the kids with the honeycomb! http://tendingourcommonground.com/2015/03/17/honeybee-update/

From Elise's school: Today the Reptile Wrangler came to visit us and brought along some animal creatures! We saw a 9 foot long Python, a tortoise, and Bruno the toad! He talked about what each animal eats and some other facts about each reptile. They all touched each animal and were very brave! We drew coral reefs and a fish scene and then painted watercolor over it for the water. I read the book Coral Reefs. They had Italian. 

What was your favorite animal we saw or something you learned? 
Elise- I liked Peaches because she looks like peaches 

Today I also proposed that Elise get to visit the Kindergarten class, even for a few hours, as a way to challenge her and to have her experience a bit more frustration and challenge than she has until now. Teachers seem on board!

In Reading Club: Hello, On Monday X and I worked on -ap and -ake families. X also worked on -ake word family. X  practiced sight words on the kindle and practiced reading on Starfall and a worksheet with -ing words. X also had time on Starfall to practice the th sound. On Tuesday, X worked on words that rhyme with -ing. X worked on the book It's Spring! He also worked on Starfall. X practiced reading CVC cards with pictures. X and I worked on -ap word family and we did the worksheet together. On Wednesday, the girls played a round of Pot of Gold addition bingo game and then X joined them while X read stories on Starfall. X and X and I took turns working on sounds and practicing sounds on the kindle. X also played a pot of gold number game with me. On Thursday, X and I did the -at word family booklet he did great. X worked on oa and ai words on Starfall and read the stories along with those. Elise read Starry Safari to me and we did the -ing worksheet and some of those words were in the story. And we checked for comprehension! 

No comments:

Post a Comment