Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Friday, October 24, 2014

2014_10_24 Friday

From Reading Club; Hello, On Monday, X worked on the words play, with. We all practiced counting halloween pictures and circling the correct number on a worksheet. Elise and X played a roll the dice and color the moons game. On Tuesday, X finished up the halloween counting worksheet from yesterday. He also worked on words not, here. We all worked on the word look. The girls completed an ending sounds worksheet. On Wednesday, X worked on ending sounds. Each of them made a sentence strip with a sentence that they each came up with that included our sight words. Then they drew a picture to go along with it. On Thursday, we worked on making a certain number of dots on candy corns. We did numbers 1-12. We went over flash cards. We played a round of bingo with sight words. Soon we will start making and reading little booklets with sentences and pictures. We have a handful of sight words to go. Everyone's doing a great job! 

From Elise's teacher: Hello, Today we took turns playing Starfall on the computer and phonics games on my Kindle. Some read Go Go Go! We went over some sight words. Some made letters and animals with play-doh. X played a phonics game on my Kindle with safari animals. X completed a matching game where she had to match 2 rhyming picture cards. X and X completed simple addition facts with the candy corn parts using rubber animals as counters. Elise and I worked on addition facts on the dry erase board. We all played a pumpkin/starry night roll the dice math game. They had German. Most know their German color words! 

OMG, I returned from the most amazing, albeit short, work trip to Germany!! I was in Munich and Stuttgart for two days each. I'm so tired, but what fun it was to be 'back home' again. Weather was cold and rainy, but that's winter in southern Germany. I gave a 90-min briefing/impromptu discussion on Ebola in Munich. I was thinking and dreaming in German by the first night there (in Munich). I have video of the Glockenspiel for the kids/Dave to watch. I got to help lots of silly Americans and had a fair share of Dunklebier, Schnitzel, und Gurkensalat (but not much Spatzle, unfort., and no Apfelkorn!). I took the train to Stuttgart (so darn nice; why don't we have that here!? took video of the landscape too) for a one-day conference where I met some super cool folks at Kelly Barracks. Didn't sleep a wink on the flight home. Oh, I'm just so re-energized!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment