Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Thursday, January 30, 2014

2014_01_30 Thursday

To my regulars (read: Oma), you'll notice that I've changed the screen and added the 2013 family shot.

Snowmaggedon update: The state has asked all citizens not to drive (yesterday and) today so that they can continue to clear the snow (!?) and the abandoned cars, which is probably much more work. I have already heard more cars pass by the house this AM than all day yesterday. It's only 18 degrees this morning with a high of 39, so there likely won't be a lot of melt. This doesn't bode well for school tomorrow either. maybe we will be going to school into the summer with our northern friends!! I was told that it took Jonathan's principal (and her young son) 22 hours to get home, and while I don't know exactly where she lives, it's not Denver, CO (which is 21. 5 hrs away)!

School is cancelled for Friday too!! this is insanity!! The roads are totally clear now (pix to come). There many still be abandoned cars on streets, but the roads seem fine. I think this is a giant C-Y-A effort, but really it's the trifecta of bad decisions. ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment