Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Monday, January 13, 2014

2013_01_13 Monday

What an amazing weekend I had. I spent 2.5 days with my college besties, just hanging out with lots of wine and massages. It's amazing how rejuvenating that can be. I feel amazing now. My travel plans almost became a nightmare (was going to have to overnight somewhere and catch the early bird flight), but because I pulled an Opa and got to the airport 4+ hours early I was able to get on a direct flight before my original flight was supposed to take off and land nearly 3 hrs earlier than planned.

One minor glitch in the system was that Jonathan lost tooth #6 (I think) over frozen yogurt on Sunday, and the Tooth Fairy forgot to swing by to pick it up. He was devastated this morning, although seeing me at home made him a smidgen happier. I told him that because he lost it late in the day, maybe the Tooth Fairy had already left for her daily pick-ups and we'd try it again tonight. yikes.

Elise couldn't have cared less when she saw me. ooh, that girl!

Our new nanny starts today, too.

From Elise's school:
Cheerio! Today the kids traveled to The United Kingdom. Elise and X were very excited to hear that there are REAL princes and princesses there!!! During art the kids colored a color-by-number British Flag. I was assessing number recognition during this activity. X said that his favorite part was coloring blue. X said that the British flag has the same colors as the American flag! We played London Bridge during kinesthetics. X said that she has driven over a long bridge on the way to her grandma's house in Florida! During our sociocultural studies, we discussed differences between Atlanta and London. X said that in Atlanta, it gets REALLY hot and it doesn't in London. We watched a a video of the changing of the guard at Buckingham palace. X explained that a palace is not a castle, like in the Ariel movie.  We also completed an ABC tracing worksheet. I was assessing how the kids held their pencils during this activity. Mandarin lessons were very fun today. The kids love singing the songs! X especially loves the clapping song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment