Blog 411

This blog was created for our friends and family who don't get to see us -- well, Jonathan and Elise, really -- as often as they'd like. I'm trying to keep you all updated on their milestones and their day-to-day activities. I also hope this will serve as sort of a journal for them as well, something for them to read when they are older that chronologues their lives and adventures. When I can, I'll post pictures and maybe even videos to help bridge the distance.

This blog is Part 2 of the Life of the Hardwicks. This edition will focus on our new lives in Atlanta, GA, that began in July 2013.

Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2015_08_25 Tuesday

What the whaaaat? my car wouldn't start when I jumped in to head to my first private yoga session. Cursed vehicle battery gods. That is NOT the mindset you're supposed to have going to yoga. So, I Lyfted over, had a tremendously amazingly wonderful session (for which I will likely not be able to raise my arms or legs tomorrow), and then waited patiently for my Lyft driver never to return for me. So, I hoofed it back home. Rockin' 2.1 miles already; that's not bad. Plus, it is THE most gorgeous summer day you can ever imagine. Now, that does make for good yoga.

PTO stuff is ever-present. not complaining, just amazed that there is truly never a quiet moment. Something always needs attention immediately...much like an infant, I suppose. And, where there isn't a fire to put out, there's the next event to organize and stress over.

Also learned today that I'll be picking up lots of work in the coming months, as a dear friend resigned and I've been asked to cover her region and another colleague will be out honeymooning. Should be a nice change of pace from diseases, although Africa isn't all that glamorous!

Kids are adjusting to school routines very well. There was about a day each of fever in the last week, and both had a nasty dry cough...guess who has it now?? yup. Elise also took a decent nap yesterday; it's been years since she's napped. I think school is crushin' her...in a good way. Jonathan is already getting projects to do. He turned in his Culture Quilt and now has a music project that we may enlist Auntie Harp to help with!

No comments:

Post a Comment